Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, 12 January, 2022
- 16 January, Security Considerations class, 1700-1800, Warrior Healing Center main conference room, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 23 January, Configuring Your Desktop class, 1700-1800, Warrior Healing Center computer lab, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 24 January, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800, Warrior Healing Center, main conference room, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 30 January, Linux Applications (Firefox), 1700-1800, Warrior Healing Center computer lab, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 06 February, Using Thunderbird, 1700-1800, Warrior Healing Center computer lab, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 09 February, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- To date the Group has conducted 162 installs and donated 89 computers to individuals or organizations
- We have 2 laptop and 11 desktop computers ready for donation.
- Thanks to Tommy and Rex the computer lab at the Warrior Healing Center now has a new set of Dell all-in-one computers
- Look at March/April time frame for our next Installfest. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
- Discussed the program Recuva for recovery of accidentally deleted files but unfortunately it is built for Microsoft Windows and not cross platform.
- Discussed the case where an SD card which was formerly mounted as read/write was now mounted as read only. If the lock is not on and attempts to mount it all fail to mount it as read/write it is probably failing so any data on it should be backed up as soon as possible.
- Discussed a large file transfer to a USB device failing in Ubuntu when the screen saver was activated. Possible solutions may be found in the configuration of the power manager or the screen saver itself.