Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 27 April, 2019
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 04 May, Installfest, 1100-1500, Livia’s Coffee, 2480 E. Wilcox DR., Sierra Vista
- 09 May, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 25 May, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- Installing MX Linux on a flash drive with persistence by Greg Christ on 25 May
- Working on GitHub by David Garcia and Rex Bouwense on 22 June
- The Untold History of Computers by Edward Janecki
- There was a demonstration of the features of the revised website.
- Discussed the upcoming Installfest on 04 May at Livia’s Coffee 1100-1500.
- Announced the release of Ubuntu 19.04 which is an interim release only supported for 9 months. There are no more 32 bit releases for any of the Ubuntu flavors so the search for a “go to” distro continues. The next candidate may be ToriOS by Rex Bouwense.
- Announced the presence of the Zero Tolerance Network slides on our website. They are in PDF format.
- There was a brief discussion of Eli’s question raised on the mailing list about his inability to get VLC to play a DVD. It worked under 16.04 which had a Unity Desktop. He installed 18.04 and then installed the Unity desktop on top of it. He was offered several solutions. VLC works as expected on the gnome desktop and other players work as expected on other desktops and distros. Occasionally desktop environments do not play well with each other when installed together.
- Six members retired to Peter Piper Pizza where conversation on Linux and non-Linux topics continued.