Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 22 December, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 10 January, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 26 January, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- MX Linux demonstration by David Garcia on 26 January.
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- The Ubuntu powered floating robot in the International Space Station has sort of gone rogue and had to disabled and replaced in the box when the AI refused to obey orders.
- AntiX demonstration by Tom Worthey. While AntiX is an excellent distribution, it is probably not one that can be installed on a newbie’s computer because there are so many options available for the user that he/she will not understand how or when to use them. We are probably looking for a simpler distro.
- Xubuntu demonstration by Rex Bouwense. An excellent candidate to replace Lubuntu after the current LTS version reaches EOL in April 2021.
- We were able to schedule all of our 2019 CLUG meetings for the SVPL conference room on the 4th Saturday of each month. The time that we have the room is from 1245-1345. The meeting will still begin at 1300. In May and November we have the room from 1100 so we will be able to hold our installfests there. The February and August Installfests will be held at another location. It was decided that the February Installfest will be held at Livia’s Coffee Shop on 2 February.
- There was a discussion about the 2019 Installfests. We may want to hold each one in a different location to attract different and more people. This situation will be further discussed future meetings.
- Rex discussed the advantages of joining the Ubuntu Arizona Local Community Team (AZLOCO). It is free and you can get a free email address, cloud account, a free blog account on the AZLOCO web site, and an active IRC channel.
- Jaidon found the missing wireless card for his laptop. Configuration continues.
- We retired to Peter Piper Pizza for some nourishment and additional conversation.