Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, December 27, 2018
- 10 January, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- 26 January, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 02 February, CLUG/AZLOCO Installfest, 1100-1500, Livia’s Coffee, 2480 E. Wilcox Dr, Sierra Vista
- This is the last time that the Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour will be held on the 4th Thursday. In 2019 they will be held on the 2nd Thursday of each month in an effort to eliminate back to back events.
- Advertisements for the Installfest, 2019 Ubuntu Hours, and CLUG meetings have been submitted to the Sierra Vista Herald, the Cochise Trader, and the Desert Shopper. The ads are all free as they are community events.
- Discussed the preparations for the 02 February Installfest.
- Discussed Peppermint 9 respin (which is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and is supported until April 2023). This is a candidate for our “go to” light distribution to be used at our installfests. This discussion will continue at future meetings.
- Myles had a problem with the brightness not working on his Debian 9 install on his ASUS laptop. His kernel was updated but it did not solve the problem. Unfortunately he had to leave so the proprietary driver was not installed but he was made aware of the procedure. He later reported that the installation of the proprietary driver solved the problem. (Devi scores another atta boy)