Location: UA South, Learning Resource Center
Date: Wednesday, 10 October, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 25 October, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 27 October, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 03 November, Installfest, 1100-1500, SV Public Library, Mona Bishop Room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 14 November, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- Email from Brad Edwards: He was having trouble with his Ubuntu 16.04 installation that we did at a Ubuntu Hour about two years ago. He was told what he needed to do and given a list of future meetings.
- Sunsites slide presentation – 2 October. The presentation went well but the attendance of Sunsites residents was very disappointing.
- Installfest – 3 November. Preparations have all been made with the exception of the manning roster which will not be finalized until just before the event.
- Gene wanted the members to know that he was unable to create a bootable flash drive from a Knoppix ISO but he was able to create a bootable DVD. Greg told him that was normal for Knoppix. If he wanted a bootable flash drive he would have to do it from the DVD which has its own installer.
- Greg recommended that we have a “How To” printed up for the installfest should we have the problem that arose at the previous installfest, Ubuntu will install but not boot.
- FYI for members that still have a Win10 box. Microsoft has withdrawn the Fall super update. Apparently the bug that started deleting data could not be patched in time for the release date.
- We reconvened at Denny’s for some nourishment and additional conversation.