Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2018
- 27 October, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 03 November, CLUG/AZLOCO Installfest, 1100-1500, SVPL Mona Bishop room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 14 November, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800, UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Avenue, Sierra Vista
- 15 November, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- Discussed the 3 November installfest manning requirements and signed people up for times to insure that each period will be properly manned.
- Discussed the search engine DuckDuckGo and the use of Privacy Badger in FireFox.
- Discussed the Linux Mint Release note that required user action if the home directory is installed encrypted. Swap is configured improperly. See https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tara_cinnamon.php. This action is required in all three Linux Mint releases; Cinnamon, xfce, and Mate.
- Discussed a problem with a non-functional DVD burner on a Toshiba laptop. Member was advised to bring the laptop to a function for further investigation.
- Discussed BroadCom chip drivers and how to determine which one is required.
- Distributed Ubuntu SWAG and Linux and FOSS information to the new attendee.