Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, August 25, 2016
- 27 August, CLUG meeting, 1400-1530, Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma, Sierra Vista.
- 28 August, TFUG meeting, 1430-1530, Cafe Luce,Main Gate Square, 943 E. University Blvd. #191, Tucson.
- 11 September, TFUG meeting, 1430-1530, Cafe Luce, Main Gate Square, 943 E. University Blvd. #191, Tucson.
- 14 September, CLUG meeting, 1700-1800, UA South, room B159, 1140 Colombo Ave. Sierra Vista.
- 17 September, AZLOCO/PLUG installfest, UAT 2625 Baseline Road, Tempe.
- 22 September, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- 24 September, Clug meeting, 1400-1530, Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma, Sierra Vista.
- There was discussion of the upcoming Installation Festival that will be co-sponsored by AZLOCO and the Cochise Linux User Group.
- It is tentatively scheduled for 28 January and will replace one of our regular meetings. Todd Cole the Team Leader of AZLOCO hasd assured us that assistance in the form of volunteers will be driving down from the Phoenix area.
- Installation media in the form of DVDs, individual flash drives, and MultiSystem flash drives have already been prepared and are available for both i386 and amd64 ISOs.
- As the date approaches and is finalized it is expected that we will advertise in the newspaper, on line, through fliers, and the radio.
- We will have to ensure that are own volunteers are fully trained in the installation of Linux in BIOS and UEFI and in the use of Gparted as well as the procedures for installing dual booting OS.
- It has been agreed that we should not attempt to install all Linux distributions but limit ourselves to only a few at least for this first install-fest.
- Backing up data from individuals computers will not be attempted.
- The location is not finalized but the library has the large meeting room which appears to be ideal. Other locations will be evaluated as they are suggested.
- There was also a discussion on Gparted, what it’s uses are and how to employ it.