Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave, Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2022
Attendees: 10 attendees.
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 08 September, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 24 September, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
- So far only 9 people have responded to the meeting date poll. The early trend has Wednesday in the lead followed closely by Tuesday. Thursday and Saturday trail by a large number. If you have not responded please do so before the poll closes on 03 September.
- Greg and Rex have completed preparing the small conference room at the Warrior Healing Center for meetings by installing wired internet and a TV for presentations (should that be an option in the future).
- The Cochise Linux Mailing List – by Rex Bouwense
- The procedures for joining the mailing list were discussed and can be found on our web site: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/mailinglist/
- The dos and don’ts were also discussed. (Such as the proper way to request support from the Group and how to respond to email requests for support. Do not hijack threads because we are trying to keep the requests and the solutions together for future reference. Those of you who are guilty of such actions know who you are. Please refrain from such actions.)
- The slides for the presentation can be found on our website: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/projects/ which will direct you to the GitHub page where they are stored. https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- A member brought up the idea of hosting our own email server. A discussion followed with the time and bandwidth involved and possible pitfalls.
- A member was provided with an Apple laptop and SSD hard drive that he requested.
- A member brought up a possible future project for the group, Bitcoin Node. A quick poll of those present yielded very little interest.
- A member revealed another way to reset an admin password on a Dell Opti-Plex that was lost or forgotten by simply removing the jumper and starting the machine up. After shutting it down, replace the jumper and re-set your admin password.
- One of our members, Jaidon, has moved to Tennessee and is doing well according to all reports. We wish him well.