Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2021
Attendees: 13 (2 new people)
- 20 November, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
- 09 December, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- A member has a desktop computer that originally had Win8 installed and it was updated to Win10. It finally displayed the Blue Screen of Death. He wanted to know if a Linux Operating System could be installed on it. He was advised to bring it to the next meeting and we would attempt to install.
- Discussed a bug when the installation of Steam on POP OS occurred. This apparently caused the installer to delete the desktop Environment. A fix has been developed.
- A new attendee asked for assistance with two of his computers (WinXP and Ubuntu 16.04 installed – both of which have reached EOL) The computer with Ubuntu installed would be no problem but he wants to keep XP on the other one because of some proprietary software needed for his business. Several options were extended.
- A member asked what Operating Systems could be installed on an an S10 type phone. A discussion followed.