Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
- 12 June, Linux Workshop, 1000-1400, Warrior Healing Center, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 26 June, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
- 08 July, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- The CLUG meetings for November and December have been changed to the 3rd Saturday of the month so as not to conflict with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays respectively.
- AntiX 19.4 has been released in both 32 and 64 bits.
- Bodhi Linux 6.0 has been released in 64 bits. The 32 bit version is forth coming according to the folks in the Bodhi forum.
- Our next Linux Workshop will be on this Saturday. As a minimum there will be 3 desktops and 2 laptops to install Ubuntu. There may be an additional 3 laptops if the ac adapters arrive from Phoenix on time.
- We discussed the migration of all Ubuntu (and other OS) IRC channels from freenode to libera. Since our channel is vastly under used it was decided to keep it where it is currently located and eventually eliminate it.
- A member asked what command is used to determine what operating system is installed on a computer. The answer is (cat /etc/os-release) without the parenthesis.
- A member asked where to find the default setting for music and video player. In Ubuntu 20.04 they can be found under Menu→Settings→Default Applications.
- A member asked a question about a loss of Internet connection after he was downloading some drivers. Since he had a Linux Mint 19.3 install, it was recommended that he bring his computer on Saturday and we will install the latest Linux Mint, 20.1 for him.