Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, April 08, 2021
- 10 April, Linux Workshop, 1000-1300, Warrior Healing Center, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 24 April, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
- 13 May, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- Announced that the Sierra Vista public library is now open again. However the conference room is still closed for public use.
- Discussed backup programs and why they really do no good if they are on the same hard drive as your operating system. If the hard drive fails, the backup is gone as well. The important thing is to back up your data to an external source and two external sources are better than one.
- Discussed our new draft post installation activities checklist. Additional changes were recommended and adopted. The draft check list will be used on Saturday at our mini-installfest to test it. Several members felt there was a need for additional links to be displayed automatically after boot to answer questions much as tips are displayed when LibreOffice is started unless the new owner disables that option. Action: None. Waiting for future discussion.