Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 27 February, 2021
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 11 March, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 27 March, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
- Introduction to Coding by Mike Lopez on 27 March 2021
- Robo Linux by Tim Kirk, TBA
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Ubuntu re-released its second point release after problems were discovered with Ubiquity, its installer. The new release is called 20.04.02.0. All of our install media have been updated . This only affects Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie, and Ubuntu Mate. Lubuntu and Kubuntu are not affected because they use the Calimares installer. You are advised to download the ISO and prepare your own install media should you ever need to re-install.
- Snap vs Flatpak vs AppImage
- Discussed the use of the Cochise Linux mailing list.
- Donated another computer to a student, Chloe, who has also enlisted in the US Army and will be leaving for Basic Training (after graduation) on 28 June. After a follow up she is perfectly satisfied with using a Linux operating system.
- Discussed the requirement or desire to add a new dynamic path to our mission for those Linux users who are or have progressed beyond the newbie stage.
- A carload of computers have been donated to CLUG and are currently in the computer lab at the Warrior Healing Center. Tommy and Greg volunteered to assist Rex in sorting through them on Monday at 1000.
- Larry has a problem with a full hard drive on his small machine. There were two recommendations enter: sudo apt autoremove in the terminal and then use a flash drive or an SD card to increase the storage space.
- Eli wanted to have Ubuntu as the default boot on his dual boot machine. Changed the boot order in the BIOS, saved the changes, and success. For some reason Grub Customizer was not working as it should have.