Location: Warrior Healing Center, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 22 August, 2020
Attendees: 7 (one new person)
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 10 September, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista (Subject to change depending on the Covid-19 situation)
- 26 September, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, (Location TBA)
- The Contents of Some Linux Directories by Rex Bouwense - 26 September
- Different ways to install a program on a Linux OS by Greg Christ - TBD
- How to Update your computer by Rex Bouwense - TBA
- Do a hands on installation with a group member acting as a client by Rex Bouwense – TBD
- How to build a computer by Ted Janecki, TBD
- Robo Linux by Tim Kirk, TBD
- VPN’s by Tommy Worthey
- What To Do If Ubuntu Won’t Boot by Rex Bouwense
- Discussed the Sierra Vista Independent School District’s decision to provide computers to all elementary school students.
- A question was asked was it better to upgrade to the next version or do a fresh install. Since the answer is obviously based on the user’s experience there really is no correct answer. One thing that must be done in either case is to back up all of your data. Consensus among the members present was a fresh install was probably the better option.
- The list of CLUG Trusted PPA’s was introduced and will be posted on our website under Resources.
- The contents of the Put & Take Box was discussed and whether it should be on the website as well. Since the contents have been sent to all members on the mailing list and is available in the email archive it was decided not to include it at the current time. If and when it is included, it will also be under Resources.
- Several of the attendees reconvened at Native Grill and Wings to continue socializing and to enjoy some excellent nourishment.