Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2020
Attendees: 8 (one new person)
- 22 August, CLUG Meeting, Warrior Healing Center, 1300-1545, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 10 September, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- David sent out an email to the mailing list with the Full Circle Magazine URL. It is https://fullcirclemagazine.org/ for those of you that missed or misplaced it.
- In addition the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue643?action=show&redirect=UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter%2FCurrent It deals strictly with Ubuntu (and its flavors)
- Ubuntu 20.04.1 was released on 31 July 2020. All of our DVDs and flash drives have been updated to that version. We are retaining Linux Mint 19.3 (32 bit) in addition to the newest version because Canonical no longer supports 32 bit computers and Linux Mint 19.3 will be supported for an additional 2 years and 8 months. It has become our go to install for 32 bit computers.
- We are re-introducing the 5-15 minute mini-presentations at our meetings to give members experience in conducting presentations and using LibreOffice Impress. It is of course voluntary and is in addition to our main presentation.
- Discussed the pros and cons of upgrading to the next Ubuntu or Linux Mint LTS version.
- It was decided to create and maintain a list of trusted PPAs. To be placed on the list a member must have used the PPA for a number of years without incident or problems. We want this list to be trusted by us.
- The Put & Take box was once again present at the event. As a reminder only fully functional computer components are eligible to be placed in there.