Location: Big Blue Button, https://bbb.azloco.net
Date: Saturday, 25 April, 2020
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 14 May, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista (Subject to change depending on the Covid-19 situation)
- 23 May, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista (Subject to change depending on the Covid-19 situation)
- The Contents of Some Linux Files by Rex Bouwense, TBD
- How to build a computer by Ted Janecki, TBD
- Robo Linux by Tim Kirk, TBD
- Do a hands on installation with a group member acting as a client, TBD
- How to do an installation, defining the partitions yourself. TBD
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa was released on Thursday 23 April 2020. The ISOs have already been downloaded and burned to DVDs.
- What To Do After A Ubuntu Install by Rex Bouwense
- Update on the donated laptops. Eight are ready (they will boot either to Windows or Linux) and one is missing an AC adapter. We will probably retain several (two or three) to be used in our training sessions to insure that our members retain the capability to perform flawless installs.
- The future presentation of a “on a hands on installation” was discussion. There will be of course more than one of these and may be done at many of our future meetings after the donated laptops are ready.
- Discussed the capabilities of Team Viewer, pros and cons.
- Because i386 processors will no longer be supported by any Ubuntu “flavor”, there will be a change in the OS that we install on 32 bit machines. Linux Mint is the obvious candidate since version 19.3 still has three years of support.
- There was a slight confusion by one of the members between repositories and suppositories. He was put on the right tract by several of those in attendance.