Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 28 December, 2019
Attendees: 9 (2 new people)
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 09 January, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 25 January, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- Tails Operating System by Dr. Tim Kirk on 25 January.
- The Genealogy of Linux Distributions by Rex Bouwense
- The slides from the presentation can be found on our website at https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- Information and a chart depicting the genealogy can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
- Prospective dates for our next Installation Festival were announced and 04 April was determined to be the best date.
- The color of the new CLUG caps was also discussed, with black, grey, and light blue being the nominees. A decision will be made at the next meeting in January.
- The next free lecture at the University of Arizona South will be on 27 January at 1730 in Groth Hall’s public meeting room and will be on “Self Driving Car Security”.
- Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix was released on 04 December. It is not an official version or supported by Cannonical, but it is based on Ubuntu 19.10.
- Linux Mint 19.3 (Tricia) was released on 18 December.
- An successful installation of Ubuntu 18.04.3 was conducted for one of our new people on his laptop.
- Information on the Cochise Linux User Group, Free and Open Source applications, and some Ubuntu SWAG were distributed to the two new individuals.
- We adjourned the meeting after the successful installation and reconvened at Peter Piper Pizza for some pizza and additional discussion of Linux and non-Linux topics.