Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019
- 28 December, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 09 January, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- Discussed some of the upcoming free lectures at the University of Arizona South that may be of interest to some of the membership, self-driving car security and drone mapping.
- Discussed “OtherNet” and it was generally agreed that it should be a topic for a future presentation.
- Discussed the Tesla Cyber Truck.
- Discussed the possibility of gaining some additional community recognition by volunteering as bell ringers for the Salvation Army red kettle drive.
- Pat reported that none of the wifi adapters that he was given worked on his desktop PC but that he was happy with the wired internet access that he had which was faster anyway.
- Myles reported that this would be his last meeting as he would be leaving for Phoenix to attend the Grand Canyon University. He was given a POC in Phoenix should he desire to stay active with the Team. Good Luck Myles.
- Rex reiterated that the scheduling process at the public library has changed to a 90 day limit rather than a lottery for the whole year. So far we have not had any problems with the new system but a back-up location, the Warrior Healing Center, is already in place should one develop.