Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 27 July, 2019
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 03 August, Computer Repair Workshop, 1000-1400, Veteran Synergy Center room 30, 1838 Paseo San Luis,Sierra Vista
- 08 August, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 24 August, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- GitHub by Rex Bouwense. This was a basic introduction to GitHub more detail can be discussed with a future presentation if there is sufficient interest. The slides are at our website https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations.
- There was a discussion on the new location that was discovered by Lynn, the Veteran Synergy Center, 1838 Paseo San Luis. There is a conference room that can esily hold 30 plus people and all that we must do is sign up to use it and it is ours and a computer lab in which we can place Linux computers. There is excellent WiFi throughout the building. They have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HonorThoseWhoServe354/. There is also an area that we will be able to store computers and parts. Our only cost is $10.00 per month to pay for the professional cleaning of the building. Those present acknowledged that this was a step up for the group and it will enable us to reach a whole new set of people to spread our message. We will conduct our next computer repair workshop in the conference room. Future Installfests will also be held there. For the time being we will continue to use the library conference room for our monthly meetings.
- There was a discussion on how often we need to conduct these Computer Repair Workshops. Monthly for four hours was decided on until we clear the backload of computers that we currently have on hand. Then another decision will be reached.
- Laura has a hard disk that was dropped and wanted to know if there was any way she could recover the data that is stored on it. She has attempted to connect it to a working computer without a positive result. She was directed to Gibson Research Corporation http://www.grc.com/intro.htm and SpinRite. Gene also said that he has an application that will clone the drive even if it is damaged. This is an option if SpinRite does not work.
- Gene wanted to know why an application, Gnome Disk, that he installed, does not appear in his menu. Several solutions were offered.
- After the meeting ended, several members toured the Veteran Synergy Center