Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 22 June, 2019
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 11 July, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 27 July, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- Working on GitHub by David Garcia and Rex Bouwense 0n 27 July.
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Canonical announced that starting with the release of version 19.10, there will be no more i386 versions of Ubuntu or any of the Ubuntu offcial “flavors”. This only hightens our search for a new “go to” light distributions.
- There is a new web site that will enable you to try out 701 versions of 225 different operating systems. https://distrotest.net/. It is not fully operational yet so you will only get the opening page of each version. When it is fully operational you will be able to test each one in a live environment.
- Why you should switch to a Linux Operating System by Rex Bouwense. The slides are at our website https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations.
- The After Action Report for the Laptop Repair Project was discussed. It has already published on our website. https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/activities/LaptopRepairProject_2019-06-08/ One additional comment was discussed. When the laptops are donated we should get a photo of the recipients and the laptop if possible to publish them on our web site. Gene recommended the Good Neighbor Alliance as a recipient.
- Ubuntu was installed on one laptop.
- Information was distributed to the new attendee and Linux, FOSS, and the Cochise Linux User Group.
- After the meeting was concluded, five members adjourned to Peter Piper Pizza to enjoy some pizza and some additional Linux and non-Linux conversation.