Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, May 09, 2019
Attendees: 9 (one new individual)
- 25 May, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 13 June, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- Discussed the 04 May Installfest After Action Report. A major problem was in spite of all of the publicity that the Installfest received, the attendance was well below what was expected. Other means of publicizing future such events were discussed.
- Discussed the possible reasons for the failure of Open Office to function correctly in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- A member downloaded the Xubuntu ISO and then created two DVDs. He used each one to install on a separate computer. One installed correctly and the other failed. The only difference was the burning. Without having any further information, a bad burn was probably the culprit. Attendees were reminded that ISOs should be burned at the lowest possible speed to insure a good burn.
- Announced the topics for the future free lectures at the University of Arizona South. Among them are the Dark Web, Bitcoin, Blockchain, and 5G.