Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019
- 26 January, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 02 February, CLUG/AZLOCO Installfest, 1100-1500, Livia’s Coffee, 2480 E. Wilcox Dr, Sierra Vista
- 14 February, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista
- Discussed the manning requirements for the upcoming Installfest on 02 February.
- Discussed the use of the Cochise Linux mailing list.
- Discussed the difference between open source drivers vs proprietary drivers (specifically for video cards.)
- Discussed the possibility of ransom-wear showing up on a Linux machine. Reminder, be careful when clicking on pop-ups.
- A member raised a problem of not being able to connect to his router with his Ubuntu installed operating system. He was given several options to successfully accomplish this.
- Discussed the various search engines available. Personal preferences are of course why one uses one or another.