Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 22 September, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 27 September, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 02 October, Introduction To Linux Presentation, 1000-1100, Sunsites Branch Library meeting room, 210 N. Ford Rd., Sunsites
- 10 October, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- 27 October, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 03 November, Installfest, 1100-1500, SV Public Library, Mona Bishop Room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- Directories On Your Computer by Rex Bouwense. The slides are available on our website. https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations Just look for the file Computer_Directories.odt
- Gene asked what was the best distro to use to consolidate tools to be used on other computers for troubleshooting and repair. After some discussion a consensus was reached that probably Knoppix would be the best followed by Puppy Linux although Puppy is now only released in 64 bit versions.
- Jaidon asked if anyone had a spare WiFi card to be used with his old Dell laptop. Rex volunteered to give him one at the next meeting. Since his laptop was slow even though he had Lubuntu installed, he was also advised to upgrade the RAM if the computer could handle it.
- The publicity for CLUG meetings in the form of free ads placed in the Cochise Trading Post and the Sierra Vista Herald/Review appears to be on track. Greg offered a new source, Desert Shopper which is a monthly publication
- Ted had his computer at the meeting and had an apparent problem with booting from a flash drive. Unfortunately he could not reproduce the problem at the meeting because it booted from a MultiSystem bootable flash drive.
- There was a request for a CLUG T-shirts. Unfortunately we are out of the current supply, but additional ones can be ordered if we order at least 12 at a time. If you want a CLUG T-shirt please contact Rex with your size.
- Rex will be driving to Sunsites on 2 October to give a presentation on Introduction To Linux at the Sunsites Branch Library. This may result in an Installfest there later in the month so we will need volunteers to may the Installfest should it occur. If it does occur it will be on a Tuesday when the library is not open for normal business so we will have the whole library to use.
- We reconvened at Vinney’s Pizza for some pizza and additional conversation some of which may or may not have anything to do with Linux or Free and Open Source Software.