Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 25 August, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 12 September, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- 22 September, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 27 September, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 03 November, Installfest, 1100-1500, SV Public Library, Mona Bishop Room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Today is the 27th anniversary of Linus Torvalds announcement of the release of the first Linux Kernel.
- Last Monday, 20 August, was the 3rd anniversary of the rebirth of the Cochise Linux user Group back in 2015.
- Security Considerations (by Rex Bouwense). The slides are available on our website under Presentations.
- Since the individual who asked for the Kali challenge was not present, it was tabled until a future meeting.
- A question was asked about re-using pre-made install flash drives. It is perfectly OK to use them. You just normally have to write over them.
- John, a new attendee from Cochise, said that there was some interest in Linux in the Sunsites area. He was tasked to see just how much was there and if it would be worth while to conduct a short class and an installfest.
- Tom asked if it might be worth while to use a generic password (1234) for the installfests and give each person a handout on how to change their password after the installation and updates. He was tasked with coming up with such a handout.
- After the meeting, there is a birthday party for Jaidon at the Family Fun Center on Wilcox Drive. All are invited. It will start at 1630 and run until 1930.