Location: Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St.
Date: Saturday, March 26th 2016
- 02 April AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline, Tempe
- 13 April CLUG meeting, 1700-1800 hours, University of Arizona South, room C165A.
- 16 April AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline, Tempe
- 23 April CLUG meeting 1400-1545, Sierra Vista public library, conference room.
- 28 April Ubuntu Hour 1800-1900 hours Schlotzsky’s Cafe (hosted by Rex)
- 07 May, West End Fair 1000-1700. The POCs are Jenifer Thornton, Jenifer.Thornton@SierraVistaAZ.gov and Kristine Wolfe, email@example.com. The cost for an information vendor space (10’ X12’) is $25 which has been already paid. We need to provide our own power (which we probably do not need), canopy, table, chairs, sign, and brochures. Rex Bouwense is working on getting 16.04 install disks from Todd Cole in Tempe for this event. We want to pass out brochures that contain both AZLOCO and CLUG information. We still need some folding chairs and some volunteers to assist in manning the booth. (0900-1200. 1200-1500, and 1500-1800). So three to six people, one to two for each period. The first and third periods will assist in set up and tear down respectively. Rex Bouwense will be there for the entire period and Louie Garcia has also volunteered to do the same. David Garcia has also come up with an idea for the booth, a coloring station for the little kids while we are talking to the parents about Linux. This can easily be added to the booth with the addition of another table and some a couple of more chairs as well as some pictures for them to color. Additional people that volunteered (provisionally) were David Goes, Bill Snow, Rose Leonard, and David Garcia. We have also already asked for a conference SWAG package from Canonical which will enable us to pass out additional items. Work on the set up and the procedures continue.
- 14 May Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) release party scheduled for 14 May from 1400 until ??. The location is 5831 W. Kesler St., Chandler. The release date is 21 April. I plan on driving up there so we can probably get together a car pool list for that. It is more of a social event and the intent is to meet and greet although wifi will be available to install the new release should anyone want to do that. The host for the event will be Mr & Mrs Walter Mack (wmack on IRC). Hamburgers and hot dogs with appropriate condiments as well as soda will be provided. If you plan to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with a number attending and any side dish that you plan on bringing to assist in defraying the cost for our host.
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items Discussion:
- For those of you that use Ubuntu and are interested. https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/891689-ubuntu-1604-something-to-get-excited-about. No more Ubuntu Software Center in the new release.