Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 23 July 2022
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 11 August, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 17 August, CLUG Special Meeting, 1800-1900, Warrior healing Center, 1838 Paseo San Luis
- 27 August, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinususergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
- CLUG Presentation Slides: https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- CLUG Trusted Personal Package Archives (PPA) List: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/Resources/PPA/
- Does anyone need a Raspberry Pi 4 case. AZLOCO has 120 of them and is giving them away? Contact Rex Bouwense if you want one or more.
- For the veterans in the group, there will be a free veterans benefit seminar on Friday, 29 July 2022 from 1000-1630 at the Warrior healing Center. Areas covered will be; health benefits, compensation, education benefits, life insurance, and other state and local benefits. RSVP to Dan Shaw 520-221-4093.
- Mailing List use by Rex Bouwense 17 August
- If anyone has a topic that they would like to see covered, please share it.
- Balena Etcher by Rex Bouwense
- A member asked if there was a pause option when you are copying a very large file from one directory to another. No answer was provided by those present. David later presented an answer. To pause type: kill -STOP PID. To continue paused process type: kill -CONT PID. (where PID is Process ID. You can get PID by running System monitor or top command).
- A member asked if it was possible to cause the computer to shut down immediately after copying a large file. This can be accomplished by using the terminal by separating the two commands by a semi-colon or &&. There is no know GUI to accomplish this task.
- Discussed the purpose of the second meeting next month to possibly increase the attendance at the monthly meetings.
- Several members were having problems seeing the documents that were shared with them in the Cochise Linux Google Group. Perhaps this is not the best way to share documents with the Group. Other options will be looked at.