Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 25 June 2022
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 14 July, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 23 July, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
- CLUG Presentation Slides: https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- CLUG Trusted Personal Package Archives (PPA) List: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/Resources/PPA/
- We have received a donation of 11 desktop computers from Mike. They are without keyboards, power cords, mice, and monitors. We will meeting at the Warrior Healing Center on Wednesday (29 June) at 1300 to sort through them and see which ones can be used.
- If anyone has a topic that they would like to see covered, please share it.
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- David came across and interesting article and wished to pass it on to the membership. It can be found at https://linuxiac.com/why-ubuntu-isnt-a-flagship-linux-distribution-anymore
- Gene wanted to pass on some information on reading USB in Python. The YouTube video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfhzbw93rzw
- The CLUG Mailing List by Rex Bouwense (The presentation was canceled because of the lack of attendance.
- We discussed the creation of the Cochise Linux Google Group; what it is, how to join, and if we should re-issue the invitations to join. What we have now is the first draft and it is a good start. Once you join all you have to do is open your Google Drive and select “shared with me” to see the documents that have been created so far. Among them are an inventory of the spare parts and accessories that the CLUG has on hand, a request for topics to be covered at our meetings, requests for assistance. Remember however that this is the first draft. There is more to come and things will change and grow. Bruce is the creator and author of the great majority of the information that is already published. If you have comments please share them.
- We discussed several possible ways to increase the attendance at the monthly meetings; give those attending a certain number of meetings some prize, conduct a raffle at our meetings. Anyone with ideas please share them.