Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 26 March, 2022
Attendees: 12. There was one new attendee.
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 14 April, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 23 April, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
- CLUG Presentation Slides: https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- CLUG Trusted Personal Package Archives (PPA) List: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/Resources/PPA/
- Mike announced that The Bisbee Science Lab, https://www.bisbeesciencelab.org/ will be open Fridays from 1000-1700. It is located at 519 Melody Lane, Bisbee. He will be donating six computers to the Lab.
- The Buena High School Cyber Patriot Team has finished first in the state and will be participating in the National competition.
- PWAs (Progressive Web Applications) by Teruel DeCampo and Rex Bouwense
- Presentation slides and notes can be found on our website. https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- Gene gave an update on his power wall project.
- Gene asked how to change the icon size on Ubuntu. (Menu→Settings→Appearance)
- Gene asked if we could hold a meeting at the Warrior Healing Center where members could bring in their computers to have a problem repaired by the other members. (This can be piggy backed on our Installfests/Linux Workshops which are held 3-4 times a year. The next one is tentatively scheduled for some time in May)
- Ron raised his printer problem. He could not get all three of his computers to print wirelessly. (He could connect the printer directly to the router with a USB cable or insure that each computer recognized the printer by pinging the printer from each computer.)
- Distributed information about the Cochise Linux User Group to the new individual.
- Distributed a USB flash drive install media to a member who needed to install Ubuntu on her machine.