Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 26 February, 2022
Attendees: 8. We welcomed Bruce back from Okinawa after a 5 year absence.
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 10 March, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 26 March, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
- CLUG Presentation Slides: https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- CLUG Trusted Personal Package Archives (PPA) List: https://cochiselinuxusergroup.org/Resources/PPA/
- The Warrior Healing Center is now publicizing our events on their Facebook page. In addition we are still publicizing our events on the Cochise Trader, our Facebook page, our own calendar, and the Sierra Vista Herald Review on line calendar.
- We have set up a second printer at the Warrior Healing Center in the computer lab.
- PWAs (Progressive Web Applications) discussion 26 March
- Fort Huachuca server set up (unclassified) 23 April
Recent Linux/FOSS News Items:
- Ubuntu 20.04.4 released 25 February
- Slax 11.2.0 released 22 February
- Kali 2022.1 released 14 February
- Tar (Tape Archive) Back-up by Dr Teruel DeCampo.
- Presentation slides and notes can be found on our website. https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- There was extensive discussion on the procedures outlined in the presentation.
- Discussed how to import bookmarks from one computer to another.
- Discussed the operation of the Mountain View Computer User Group.