Location: 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Date: Saturday, 28 August, 2021
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 09 September, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s, 3900 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 25 September, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1500, 143 Street Tacos, 80 S. Carmichael Ave., Sierra Vista
Useful CLUG links:
- CLUG website: https://cochiselinususergroup.org
- CLUG FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059259857477393/
- CLUG Mailing List Archives: https://www.freelists.org/archive/cochiselinux
Useful AZLOCO links:
- AZLOCO Website: https://www.azloco.org/
- AZLOCO Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam
- AZLOCO FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/UbuntuAZTeam
- AZLOCO Mailing List Archives: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-az/
- Debian 11, Bullseye, was released on 14 August.
- Ubuntu 20.04.3 was released on 26 August.
- Our install media (flash drives and DVDs) have been updated accordingly.
- VMs by Greg Christ, 25 September.
- The Dreaded Grub Prompt by Rex Bouwense, 25 September.
- Multiple Commands in the Terminal by Rex Bouwense
- Slides can be found on our web site. https://github.com/CochiseLinuxUsersGroup/Presentations
- The VM presentation was not able to be given because of an Internet failure and will be rescheduled for the 25 September meeting.
- Ron donated a computer to be re-purposed for the Group’s use.
- Discussed the Mailing list purge and the reasons behind it.
- Discussed a new proposed project, The Cochise Linux Distribution Project, where members would use a group laptop to install an assigned Linux Distro, use it once a week until the next meeting, and then report on it to the membership. The purpose of course is to introduce members to different Linux distros.
- Mike gave an update on the project to provide computers to a youth center in Naco, AZ. It is progressing slowly. It was recommended that he select a date that some of the members can get together to install Linux on the laptops that he has already accumulated for the project.
- Discussed possible future presentations of applications that members have used and believe other members could use to their advantage.