Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 E. Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista AZ
Date: Thursday, July 09, 2020
Attendees: 9 (one new person)
- 25 July, CLUG Meeting, Bisbee Senior Center, 1300-1545, 300 Collins Road, Bisbee
- 13 August, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- We have created a put and take bin where a member can place unwanted fully functional computer related items and parts and take out any parts or computer related items that he or she has need of.
- We have updated all of the Linux Mint install media to version 20 and are awaiting the first point release for Ubuntu 2020-04 which is due our later this month to do the same. Since Linux Mint and all flavors of Ubuntu no longer have 32 bit releases we will continue to use Linux Mint 19.3 (32 bit) as the go to 32 bit install at our installfests.
- Discussed the EOL of Ubuntu 19.10 on 17 July. See https://9to5linux.com/ubuntu-19-10-eoan-ermine-will-reach-end-of-life-on-july-17th-2020
- Discussed the release of UbuntuEd 20.04 which is sort of a revival of the old EdUbuntu. See https://9to5linux.com/meet-ubuntued-20-04-an-educational-ubuntu-favor-for-kids-schools-and-universities
- Discussed the release of Linux Mint and its refusal to enable Snapd applications by default. See https://www.zdnet.com/article/mint-20-jpglinux-mint-20-still-the-best-linux-desktop-despite-one-quirk/
- Discussed the Ubuntu flavors. See https://www.maketecheasier.com/which-ubuntu-flavor-should-you-choose/
- A question was raised by a guest. He is dual booting Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04. However, his relatively new HP printer will not print in 20.04. He was advised to use HPLIP and when the installer asks if he wants to uninstall the old version of HPLIP, answer yes.
- A question was raised about where the activities are recorded. (/var/log)