Location: Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd.
Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020
- 28 March, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1545, SVPL conference room, 2600 East Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista
- 04 April, Installation Festival, Warrior Healing Center, 1000-1400, 1838 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista
- 09 April, Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 1800-1900, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- Most of the discussion revolved around the upcoming Installation Festival scheduled for 04 April. Should we ask the clients if they want to keep their Windows key (Win7, 8x, 10) should they become disillusioned with the Linux install? YES. Write it on the same sheet as their user name and password. However, they must understand that we will not re-install Windows for them.
- Discussed whether we need to create a disclaimer for the donated computers that they are used computers and as such we do not warranty or guarantee the hardware. Hardware does not last forever and will fail at some time. Yes. (Action Rex).
- Discussed the possibility of a release party in Sierra Vista for Ubuntu 20.04 in early May. (Action Greg)
- Gene has received the 10 donated laptops for Linux install. Perhaps we will be able to deal with them at the Installfest.
- Gene also has line on some switches (from 4 to 24 port). Contact him if you need any.
- Discussed the proper procedure for raising problems. The mailing list is the proper vehicle for that, only after you have tried to help yourself. The problem has probably been raised and solved before. Search the Internet with you search engine of choice.
- There was a request for the “What to do after you install Ubuntu” URLs.
For Linux Mint: https://fossbytes.com/things-to-do-after-installing-linux-mint/
For Ubuntu: https://fossbytes.com/things-to-do-after-installing-ubuntu/
- There was a request for some Linux books. David provided a link to a folder on his Dropbox account that contains books on Linux should anyone want to look into them. https://tinyurl.com/w8pksgt