Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Saturday, 24 November, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 12 December, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- 22 December, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 27 December, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- Because of events that are occurring at the University of Arizona South, the occasional back to back of scheduled events, and the inability to prepare programs for two meetings a month, there will only be one Group meeting per month and that will be the library meeting commencing with the new year. We are attempting to reserve the conference room for the 4th Saturday of every month. We will not know the outcome until 13 December.
- We will be moving the Ubuntu Hour at Schlotzsky’s from the 4th Thursday to the 2nd Thursday of each month in an attempt to prevent back to back events. This will again be effective with the new year.
- We will be scheduling 4 installfests in 2019. We are attempting to reserve the conference room for the first Saturday of February, May, August, and November for these events. Again we will not know the outcome until 13 December.
- The CLUG Code of Conduct was reviewed once again and adopted. It will be posted to the web site.
- Bodhi Linux was installed on a computer. While an excellent distribution, it was decided that it may be a bit complicated for a new to Linux individual to be used as a “go to” light distro. The fact that it comes fairly light also requires that all the applications that a new individual would want have to be installed separately or by using synaptic package manager which has to be installed itself. There were also some other minor install problems.
- The next meeting we will be looking at Trisquil as a candidate for a light distro. An excellent point was raised by David. We could have the distro already installed and merely play a You Tube video on the installation. Greg will be doing the next presentation. Future presentations will be on MX Linux, Peppermint, AntiX, Zorin, Linux Mint, and Xubuntu.
- We adjourned to Native Grill for some nourishment and some additional conversation. Rex confirmed that hot definitely means HOT.