Location: UA South, Room 158
Date: Wednesday, August 08, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 23 August, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 25 August, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 12 September, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- The 4 August Installfest was presented and discussed. After reviewing the results from the last two Summer Installfests which were disappointing at best (12 attendees and no installs for 2017 and 14 attendees and 2 installs for 2018), it was agreed that attempting to hold a Summer Installfest might just be a great deal of effort for so little result. The consensus was that we eliminate the Summer Installfest for 2019 and just go with three.
- Ted issued a challenge for the members. Download and install Kali to a flash drive no matter what your Operating System and report back with your results after you attempted to use it. Results will be discussed at the next meeting (25 August at the SVPL).
- Rex reported on his search for alternate meeting locations to be used as fall back sites should one of ours be unusable. So far Lydia’s Coffee House (on Wilcox) seems to be an excellent choice. The search continues.
- A question was raised by Teddy, How to download YouTube videos. This has been researched and this method seems to be the simpliest, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uewCosECIv8. There are dozens of sites out there on how to do it.
- We adjourned to Peter Piper Pizza where we enjoyed some refreshments and continued our conversations on Linux related and non-related subjects.