Location: UA South, room C165A,
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- 16 April AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest, UAT, 2625 W. Baseline, Tempe. Louie Garcia and Rex Bouwense will be attending.
- 23 April CLUG meeting 1400-1545, Sierra Vista public library, conference room. Last minute details for the West End Fair (if there are any will be ironed out at this meeting.)
- 28 April Ubuntu Hour 1800-1900 hours Schlotzsky’s Cafe (hosted by Rex Bouwense)
- 07 May, 11th Annual West End Fair 1000-1700. The POCs are Jenifer Thornton, Jenifer.Thornton@SierraVistaAZ.gov and Kristine Wolfe, firstname.lastname@example.org. Rex Bouwense is still working on getting 16.04 Ubuntu install disks from Canonical for this event. If we cannot get them we will use 14.04 install disks that we have on hand plus any that we can obtain from Todd Cole in Tempe. Rex has also ordered a conference pack from Canonical which includes install disks, T-shirts, pins, stickers, lanyards, plus other SWAG. We want to pass out brochures that contain both AZLOCO and CLUG information. We still need some volunteers to assist in manning the booth. (0900-1200. 1200-1500, and 1500-1800). So at least three people, one for each period. The first and third periods will assist in set up and tear down respectively. I will be there for the entire period and Louie Garcia has also volunteered to do the same. We have incorporated David Garcia’s idea for a coloring station for the kids while we are talking to the parents about Linux. We have four tentative volunteers, David Garcia, Bill Snow, Rose Leonard, and David Goes.
- 14 May Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) release party scheduled for 14 May from 1400 until ??. The location is 5831 W. Kesler St., Chandler. The release date is 21 April. Rex Bouwense plans on driving up there and so far there is onlyone other person who has expressed an interest in going. It is more of a social event and the intent is to meet and greet although wifi will be available to install the new release should anyone want to do that. The host for the event will be Mr & Mrs Walter Mack (wmack on IRC). Hamburgers and hot dogs with appropriate condiments as well as soda will be provided. If you plan to attend please RSVP to email@example.com with a number attending and any side dish that you plan on bringing to assist in defraying the cost for our host. If you need a ride contact Rex Bouwense or Louie Garcia.
Members were once again asked to submit topics for presentations for future meetings.
There was no presentation scheduled so we adjourned to Denny’s for something to eat and some additional Linux/FOSS conversation.