Location: Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St.
Date: Saturday, May 28th 2016
- 04 June AZLOCO/PLUG install-fest, 1000-1600 at UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe.
- 08 June CLUG meeting, 1700-1800 at UA South, class room C165A.
- 18 June AZLOCO/PLUG install-fest, 1000-1600 at UAT, 2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe.
- 23 June Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900 at Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd, Sierra Vista.
- 25 June CLUG meeting, 1400-1545 at Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma, Sierra Vista.
- Please give some thought to presentations that you would like to see given and those that you could do for the group. They can be on anything from a Linux operating system to your favorite FOSS.
- Down the road – AZLOCO & PLUG co-sponsor an install-fest on the first & third Saturdays of each month. We of course are welcome to attend. Louie Garcia and Rex Bouwense have attended two of them and we would like to get together another group to car pool up to Tempe. We are exploring the possibility of holding an Installation festival/Linux Workshop here in Sierra Vista so to see how they run theirs would be informative.
- We are looking for community projects to get our name in front of the public hopefully to increase our membership.
- Re-furbishing computers with Linux OS and donating them. We already have one tower ready for a new home. It only has 512 Mb of RAM, an 80 Gb hard drive and has Lubuntu 14.04 installed but would make an excellent first computer for someone. If we cannot find this one a home we may put this project on hold.
- A slide show/presentation for high/middle school computer clubs. A Group POC is needed to coordinate with the clubs. Rex Bouwense already has the start of a presentation prepared.
- Sierra Vista night Christmas Parade. Louie Garcia has graciously volunteered to be the POC since he has this innate desire to dress up as a penguin.
- Annual West End Fair after action report. Rex Bouwense has assembled all the documents that we used to get ready for the fair and placed them in a folder on Google Drive to aid in next year’s participation. This will enable us to plan successfully without having to reinvent the stuff that we did this year.
- Rex Bouwense recently approached Todd Cole, AZLOCO Team Leader, on having a Ubucon for the LUGs and computer clubs within the state of Arizona. The obvious choice for a location would be the Phoenix metropolitan area because it has the most clubs and population. He said that UAT then becomes a great ground location because it has a large meeting room that we could secure. We should pursue this. We can talk to him on the 4th when we go to the install-fest.
- Louie Garcia gave a short presentation on Python which is intended to be the first of several that he will be giving. We adjourned and reconvened at Native Grill and Wings for some refreshments and additional Linux conversation.