Location: Sierra Vista Public Library conference room
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2018
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 04 August, Installfest, 1100-1500, SV Public Library, Mona Bishop Room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 08 August, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- 23 August, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 25 August, CLUG Meeting, 1300-1530, SV Public Library conference room, 2600 E. Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- A very quick review of the preparations for the installfest was given by Rex Bouwense. All 16.04 flash drives have been converted to 18.04. All times are covered by competent member installers.
- There was a discussion about the 2019 meetings and installfests. We currently schedule 12 Wednesday meetings at the University of Arizona South, 12 Saturday meetings at the Sierra Vista Public Library, 12 Thursday Ubuntu Hours at Schlotzsky’s, and 4 Saturday installfests at the Sierra Vista Public Library. The Ubuntu Hours will of course remain unchanged. After reviewing the data for the last three years on meeting attendance, the Wednesday meetings at the U of A and the Saturday meetings at the library will also remain unchanged for the time being. Rex and Greg will continue to investigate locations for meeting sites should one of our current locations become unavailable.
- The 4 installfests at the library will also remain unchanged. Four events a year (one a quarter) seems to work well. Since we do not have to schedule the actual dates until December, the decision on the dates was tabled until later in the year.
- We adjourned to Native Grill and Wings for some food and additional conversation all of which was not Linux related.