Location: UA South, Learning Resource Center
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
There were 2 attendees
Upcoming CLUG Events:
- 22 February, Ubuntu Hour, 1800-1900, Schlotzsky’s Cafe, 3900 Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- 24 February, CLUG Meeting 1300-1530, Sierra Vista public library conference room, 2600 East Tacoma St., Sierra Vista
- 14 March, CLUG Meeting, 1700-1800 UA South, Learning Resource Center, 1140 N. Colombo Ave., Sierra Vista
- 21 April, AZLOCO Release Party at Mr & Mrs Walter Mack’s home in Chandler. The AZLOCO/PLUG Installfest scheduled for that date has been moved to that location and the times have been changed to coincide with the Release Party 1400-1800.
- 28 April, CLUG Installfest, 1100-1500 SVPL Mona Bishop Room. Notice that I have cut the number of hours from 6 to 4. That will give us an hour after the library opens to set up and an hour before the library closes to tear down and take care of any late installs or problems that arise. I have also been considering a Release Party of our own after the Installfest at Native Grill 1600-1800. Nothing special, just a get together after the event like we always do but we will call it our Release Party. Comments?
- 05 May West End Fair, 0800-1700. We have all of the paperwork to sign up. Think about our participation this year. We got one member from the first year and two from the second that we participated in the event.
- There will be a video presentation on “The beginners Guide to the Terminal” on 24th of February.
- I have been in touch with Chad Wheeler who gave the Penetration Testing presentation at the U of A. He told me he would be pleased to repeat the presentation for the CLUG. I gave him two dates (24 March and 19 May). He has agreed to give the presentation on the 24th of March.
Discussion & Problems:
- Attempted unsuccessfully to determine why Helen Patterson’s machine would not play a particular video.
- Demonstrated how to change the printing options in Ubuntu 16.04.
- Installed system upgrades to a Ubuntu 16.04 Operating System.